Across 1Garden.com, we also collect a number of cookies. Cookies are small unique text files that are collected by your browser from websites you visit which can be stored on your device.
The cookies we use on 1Garden.com website don’t collect or store your personal data (such as your name or address) so this information can’t be used to identify who you are.
Using personal data allows us to develop a better understanding of, and engage with, our stakeholders and in turn provide you with relevant and timely information about the work that we do.
The purpose of this policy is to explain why we process your personal data and your rights in relation to your data. We are committed to respecting and protecting your personal data and being transparent about what we do with it, in accordance with your reasonable expectations and applicable laws and regulations.
We appreciate your support and the trust you give us when you provide us with your personal data.
We will only use your personal data if we have a legal basis to do so. This means that we will only use personal data where we have your explicit consent, where it is necessary in order to perform a contract with you, to comply with a legal duty or right, to protect your vital interests, or where the processing of your personal information is in our legitimate interest and not overridden by your legal rights.
There are generally three legal bases under which we may process your data:
- Consent: When consent is required we will always ask for your explicit consent to processing your personal data.
- Contract: When you make a purchase from us or become a member, you are entering a contract with us. We need to process and store your data in order to perform this contract.
- Legitimate interests: In some situations we collect and process your personal data for purposes that are in our legitimate organisational interests. In doing so we consider that there is no overriding prejudice to you and that you would reasonably expect us to use your data in this way.
- Cookies: means small text files which our website places on your computer’s hard drive to store information such as activity on our website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognise your browser. Cookies may store your preferences and other information. Learn more by reading our detailed policy on cookies.
- Malware and viruses: means malicious software (such as viruses) which can gain access to your computer or device and be used for criminal activity.
- Personal data: means any information that identifies you or that could identify you either alone or when combined with other information.
- Processing: means anything that is done to, or with, personal data (including simply collecting, storing or deleting those data).
- Third Party Marketing: means marketing or other communications about non-1Garden.com events, products and services that are sent by or on behalf of a third party (and not 1Garden.com).
- We/us: means 1Garden.com
- Website: means the website located at 1Garden.com and any other websites operated by 1Garden.com.
Please be aware that more than one of the below sections will apply to each individual and we encourage all users to read all relevant sections.
The information that we collect from you will depend on your relationship with us, what information, goods or services you wish to receive from us and how you chose to interact with us – as set out below.
How we use your information
Marketing doesn’t just mean offering things to buy, but also includes news and information about what we do.
- We will only ever use your details to help you make the most of what we have to offer and what you have asked if you have previously made a purchase or shopped with us.
- We use contact frequency rules to ensure we do not send you too many communications.
- Your details are only used by us, or those who work with us (such as our suppliers and contractors), and will not be sold to anyone else.
- Where suppliers and contractors process personal data on our behalf, we control this in order to safeguard your personal data rights, through reviewing their data security arrangements and enforcement of specific personal data obligations in our contracts with them.
- We do not make personal data available to third parties to use for their own marketing purposes.
If you do provide your consent to third party marketing, you should be aware that your personal data will be processed by that third party in accordance with their privacy statement (and not this 1Garden.com privacy statement). You should read their privacy statement carefully and ensure that you are comfortable with how they may use your personal data before providing your consent. If you wish to exercise your data subject rights in relation to personal data held by a third party, you should contact that third party directly.
We maintain appropriate safeguards, procedures and technology in order to keep your personal data secure and also require that third parties we choose to process your personal data do the same.
We actively manage our use of your personal data and store it securely in the EU. We have up to date security, a comprehensive privacy programme, carry out security audits and have a dedicated privacy expert to advise us.
- We keep your personal data safely for as short a time as we need it or legally have to keep it. In doing so, we:
- Review the length of time we keep your personal data;
- Consider the purposes for which we holds the personal data in deciding whether (and for how long) to retain it;
- securely delete personal data that is no longer needed for those purposes; and
- Update, archive or securely delete personal data if it goes out of date
The time periods for which we retain your personal data depend on the purposes for which we use it.
We have set destruction limits taking into account legal rules, your rights and our needs and have a continuous programme that securely destroys your personal data when we have reached the relevant time limit.
When you make a payment to us by giving us your card or bank account details, we may temporarily store these details securely in order to process the payment as soon as possible. After the payment has been processed we safely destroy the card or bank account details.
We will never sell your personal data.
We may share data, including personal data, with 1Garden.com affiliates and subsidiaries, and with our third-party vendors and service providers who may need to have access to your personal data for the purpose of providing services to us. We do not permit our third party service providers to use any personal data that we share with them for their own marketing purposes or for any other purposes other than in connection with the services they provide to us, unless you have provided your consent for them to do so.
In some circumstances, our third party service providers may collect your personal data on our behalf. When our service providers collect your personal data on our behalf, we ensure that they enter into contracts which only permit them to process your personal data in accordance with our instructions and this Privacy Statement.
We may also share your personal data with third parties if we are required to do so by law or contract, to respond to legal process, to protect our customers or staff, to protect lives, with your consent, to complete a transaction, or to protect the rights or property of 1Garden.com.
We pass your card or bank details to our payment providers in order to process payments that are due to us.
We may allow our external researchers to create anonymous aggregate data and perform trend analysis. We will only use anonymised, non-identifiable information for these purposes to help us provide better and more relevant services.
We may also share your personal data if it is necessary to:
- Comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal processes, including from law enforcement or other government agencies.
You are in Control
You are in control of what we do with your personal data. If you would like to change your choices, or how we communicate with, just let us know.
The easiest way to do this is through a 1Garden.com Account – it’s quick, free and secure. Simply sign up and log in, to manage how we contact with you.
Alternatively you can contact us via the contact form on our contact page.
There are “unsubscribe” buttons on all electronic communications which allow you to opt out of future communications. We also include a reminder of our “unsubscribe” email address and phone number on communications we send to you by post.
Please let us know if your personal data is inaccurate because your details have changed (for example you have moved house). You can do this online by logging into your 1Garden.com Account, selecting “my details”, or letting us know using our contact details.
When updating your personal data by phone or email, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
You have several legal rights in relation to your personal data. These data subject rights are the right to request:
- Right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data;
- Access to your personal data (see below);
- Rectification of your personal data;
- Erasure of your personal data (this right is also referred to as the ‘right to be forgotten’);
- Restriction of our processing of your personal data;
- Portability of your personal data (where we process your data by automated means and under the legal basis of consent you have the right to receive this data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable way and to transmit this to another controller);
- Processing of your personal data ceases (the right to object); and
- Not to be subject to automated decision making
To exercise your rights or ask any questions please contact via the contact form on our website.
We will always try to respond to your satisfaction, but there may be situations where we are unable to do so.
More information can be found at the website of the Information Commissioner’s Office.
You can find out if we hold your personal data and ask for a copy of it by making a ‘subject access request’.
If we do hold personal data about you, we will:
- Let you know what personal data is being held or used and why
- Let you know who can see your personal data
- Give you a copy of the personal data you request in electronic form
- Provide any other relevant information including how long we will hold your personal data for and how to correct inaccurate information that is held by us.
- We will respond as soon as possible (and within three months of the date of receipt of your request and the information we need to respond).
Staying safe Online
We use up to date physical and technical measures to keep your information safe, prevent unauthorised access to it and to prevent misuse or unauthorised disclosure of it.
We control who has access to our secure electronic databases and provide staff and volunteers training on our data protection policies and procedures. We also check these are being followed.
On some occasions, we may provide links to third party websites that are not operated on our behalf. When this is the case, we will notify you that you are leaving the 1Garden.com Website and entering a website operated by a third party. In these circumstances, any personal data that you may submit to the third party’s website will be processed in accordance with the third party’s privacy statement.
Our site may also have “plugins” (such as Facebook “like button”) through a third party website. These and similar features are also governed by the third party’s privacy statement.